Symantec 5620 : permit traffic entering and exiting the same interface

Hi friends,

I just had a basic question on configuring Symantec 5620 firewall. I wanted to know what is the equivalent of Cisco command same-security- traffic permit intra-interface in Symantec firewall.

The reason that I am asking is because the Symantec firewall is the default gateway of a LAN 192.168.0.0/24. Now, the firewall has a static route to reach 192.168.1.0 segment.

So, other computers / servers whose default gateway is Symantec firewall will also talk to the 192.168.1.0 network through the Symantec firewall's static route to 192.168.1.0 network. Right now, they are not able to talk to 192.168.1.0 network unless i create a static route on the specific PC's / servers.

Now how can I avoid adding static routes on the individual PC's / servers ? There should be a feature to allow the firewall to pass traffic entering and exiting the same firewall's interface. The packets are entering the firewall's inside interface and leaving the firewall's inside interface. They are not touching the firewall interface's public or outside interface.

Please advise.

Thanks a lot Gautam

Reply to
Gautam
Loading thread data ...

This will work, but in addition to adding the static route, you will need to create a rule that will allow traffic FROM 192.168.0.0 /24 TO 192.168.1.0 /24 and selecting the protocol group (possibly "all" protocols).

Reply to
Wayne

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.