Snapgear 580

I have a snapgear 580. I have a public IP addres coming into the snapgear, and I have the snapgear handing out private ip addresses. The LAN side of the snapgear is hooked up to a switch.

I have a particular machine on that switch that I want to have a public IP address on. So essentially, I am looking for a way to let a second IP address through the snapgear.

I am just trying to find the term for this so that I can research it.

Reply to
Jerim
Loading thread data ...

Am Thu, 09 Oct 2008 23:43:55 -0700 schrieb Jerim:

destination nat, portforwarding ...

Reply to
Burkhard Ott

Am Fri, 10 Oct 2008 21:07:21 -0700 schrieb Jerim:

Sorry line wrapping made is impossible to read that.

Yup you're right but you probably need nat=yes in your sip.conf either. Unfortunately I haven't much experience with VoIP, you probably need to nat some udp ports either.

cheers

Reply to
Burkhard Ott

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 To Destination

(Port B, 206.78.155.146) =A0 =A0 tcp/

Thank you so much. I just wanted to make sure I had my networking concept down. I have never done something like this before. Silly me, I was trying to assign a public IP address to the server, but all I needed was port forwarding. This is a very interesting concept to me.

Reply to
Jerim

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 To Destination

(Port B, 206.78.155.146) =A0 =A0 tcp/

I just wanted to let you know that I added a UDP version of the port forwarding and I am getting dialtone at home. I still have some things to finish up, but you have been a tremendous help. Thank you.

Reply to
Jerim

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.