Latest threads in Networking Firewallsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Recommendation please, hardware firewall for home network (UK)
Hi folks Can anyone recommend a hardware firewall with reasonable content filtering to sit between my small home network (one or two wired machines and a wireless access point with one or two laptops)...

Automatic fail-over with redundant firewalls
A few additions: - above FW1/FW2 there's actually a switch on each side with 2 connections to each router and 1 to the firewall - FW1 and FW2 are in bridge/"transparent" mode - FW3 and FW4 do NAT -...

Nokia IPSO
I have just inherited a number of Nokia firewalls & I have no documentation on them. I also have no experience on them. I tried the Nokia website, but I don't seem to be able to get anything without a...

software/hardware Firewall tradeoff
hello all, this is my first message from my new ADSL Line, I use Repotec Router its model is: RP-IP2404A its type is: 4 port ADSL2+Router Annex A great, i don't understand any of what i just have...

Sonicwall question REPOST
Reposting because no one answered. Opinions are greatly appreciated. *Notice: This is a general and technical question, not an attempt to start a flame war* I hear a fair amount of negative comments...

Configure DCOM client to use only a small range of ports (instead of random ports)
I have a question relating to a DCOM client connection to a server. The scenario is as follows. The server is behind a firewall. The server brokers a connection using port 135. The firewall...

recommended software protection in hotspots and open WANs?
I'm getting a new notebook with Windows Media edition, and I'm planning on using it in wireless hotspots, like on campus and Barnes and Noble, and was wondering what people would recommend to help...

Tips and Tricks for Eavesdropping Detection
First of all, let me thank the many of you who have requested that we produce a "Tips and Tricks for Eavesdropping Detection" video similar to award winning issue awareness video, The Red Balloon...

sonicwall password recovery
Hello everyone, I have a Sonicwall GX250 here at work that we use for BRS purposes. It's fully configured for our intended use, but the network admin was let go and we don't know the admin password....

Kerio "Arrow"
Sorry if this an old question, just found the group. My Kerio (2.1.5) shield ran with a blinking green downward pointing arrow for months. Recently it is showing a red blinking arrow pointing up. I...

2Wire 1000HG - help using internal static address as port forwarding destintation
I know this is really tardy reply, but I just use another router in the chain. (ie. connection to outside world > 2wire modem/router > Linsys router > computer.) That's if affordable, of course.

NetScreen 5GT Transparent Mode
Some advice please for a NetScreen novice ... I have a client who has a single device on a public IP address in a hosting centre. The ISP has assigned a range of eight static IPs but we only need one...

General Sonicwall Question.
*Notice: This is a general and technical question, not an attempt to start a flame war* I hear a fair amount of negative comments regarding Sonicwall products. I would like the newsgroups opinion on...

4000 to 5000 TCP hits in my Firewall log??
We have a small office network (5 computers) and each has PC-cillin Internet Security 2006 installed. On 1 computer the firewall log is showing 4000 to 5000 entries every day. All of these are from...

Best Windows Software Firewall for Power Users
Greetings all, I hope my thread title described what I'm looking for fairly clearly. I've spent the last day looking for a decent replacement for Kerio Personal Firewall 2.x and have gone through...