Whether the link comes up?

Hi,

I now working on the fiber optics with CWDM. I wanted know whether it is possible to connect a transceiver with another with different wavelength. For eg: 1470 nm connected to 1590 nm. If this is done,

1. Whether the link comes up?
  2. If link is up,Data flows or not?

help me in this please. I want to know the exact reason.

Reply to
gunajoe
Loading thread data ...

Hello There,

Okay. Simple. Ever tried to listen to KFRC by setting up your tuner on

104.7MHz ? That is the reason.

HTH, _Marc

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com a =E9crit :

Reply to
miniotdr

CWDM is ITU

formatting link
standard with 20nm grid to allow for uncooled cheaper source where 1310, 1550,

1490, 1510nm are most popular wavelengths. Most transcievers should be made with this standard in mind and offer at least 16 wavelengths. You need to choose Rx type (PD vs. APD) for sensitivity requirements and check manufacturer's wavelength-temperature dependance. What is the operating temp?

I guess your look> Hi,

Reply to
stan

Hi stan,

I am using the products of Hi optel.. the operating temp is 70 c

please assist me further in this.

Reply to
gunajoe

You realize transceiver is physical layer device only, right? (i.e. it doesn't care about layer1, layer2 protocol etc.) Digital link of any of these devices in combination should work together independant of wavelength if

- used within operating temp.

- and used within data rate limits (i.e. 2.5G over 0 to 70C).

- If there are passive devices planned between them, you have to plan network carefully (add/drops/MUX/DMUXs); but that should be network planner/product manager guy's job.

You simply have to provide the correct voltage levels for electrical serial data i/o and clock lines on your host board - assuming you are desiging the board. Transceiver manufacturer should tell you this. If you plan analog link, this is trickier and you may wish against it.

Reply to
stan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.