Pix 515e and Nortel i2050 Softphone

We are in the process of configuring our PIX 515e to allow remote access to Nortel i2050 Softphones.

In the process, we have to configure static entries for ports 7000,

28000-2825 5, 51000-51200 to point to the BCM phone system and then configure the outside interface to allow connectivity through ports 7000, 28000-2825 5, 51000-51200

Please tell me there is a way to configure the static entries and the ACL so I dont have to have an entry for each port (total of 456 entries).

Chris

Reply to
cjoles
Loading thread data ...

I don't know what might be do-able with PIX 7.x.

In PIX 6.3 you could use

object-group service BCM tcp-udp port-object eq 7000 port-object ragne 28000 28255 port-object ragne 51000 51200

access-list out2in permit tcp any host BCMHOSTEXTERNAL object-group BCM access-list out2in permit udp any host BCMHOSTEXTERNAL object-group BCM

access-group out2in in interface outside

access-list BCMSTATIC permit tcp host BCMHOSTINTERNAL object-group BCM any access-list BCMSTATIC permit udp host BCMHOSTINTERNAL object-group BCM any

static (inside,outside) BCMHOSTEXTERNAL access-list BCMSTATIC

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Everything seems to work, except the last line static (inside,outside) interface access-list BCMSTATIC

I get an error: ERROR: cannot translate from IP protocol tcp to IP protocol ip

Any suggestions?

Chris

Reply to
cjoles

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.