Configuring ISDN Backup

Hello I have looked in the internet but I have not been able to find a pratical example of the configuration that I need.

I have an 1841 router with 12.4(22) IPBASE IOS on it.

I connect to the internet using a sHDSL connection.

My interfaces are as the following:

FastEthernet0/0 109.168.2.xxx First of my public subnet /29 FastEthernet0/1 unassigned YES NVRAM administratively down down BRI0/0/0 unassigned YES NVRAM administratively down down BRI0/0/0:1 unassigned YES unset administratively down down BRI0/0/0:2 unassigned YES unset administratively down down Serial0/1/0 unassigned YES NVRAM up up Serial0/1/0.1 109.168.3.xxx Point to point

On the fast0/0 I have connected a firewall that does nat for all my lan.

Since the sHDSL link goes down very often, I need to setup a dialer interface to call out when the shdsl doesnt work.

Here is the config.

! version 12.4 service timestamps debug datetime msec service timestamps log datetime msec no service password-encryption ! hostname xxxxxxxxxx.dsl.static.ip ! boot-start-marker boot-end-marker ! logging message-counter syslog logging buffered 51200 warnings ! no aaa new-model clock timezone CET 2 dot11 syslog ip source-route ! ! ! ! ip cef ip domain name kpnqwest.it ip name-server 212.97.32.2 ip name-server 94.141.24.92 multilink bundle-name authenticated ! ! crypto pki trustpoint TP-self-signed-1106705543 enrollment selfsigned subject-name cn=IOS-Self-Signed-Certificate-1106705543 revocation-check none rsakeypair TP-self-signed-1106705543 ! ! crypto pki certificate chain TP-self-signed-1106705543 ! ! username xxxxxprivilege 15 password 0 xxxxxxx archive log config hidekeys ! ! ! ! ! interface FastEthernet0/0 description $ETH-LAN$$ETH-SW-LAUNCH$$INTF-INFO-FE 0$ ip address 109.168.2.xxx 255.255.255.248 duplex auto speed auto ! interface FastEthernet0/1 no ip address shutdown duplex auto speed auto ! interface BRI0/0/0 no ip address encapsulation hdlc shutdown ! interface Serial0/1/0 no ip address encapsulation frame-relay IETF ! interface Serial0/1/0.1 point-to-point ip address 109.168.3.xxx 255.255.255.252 ip nat outside ip virtual-reassembly snmp trap link-status frame-relay interface-dlci 20 ! ip forward-protocol nd ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 109.168.3.177 ! no ip http server ip http authentication local no ip http secure-server ip http timeout-policy idle 60 life 86400 requests 10000 ! ! ! ! control-plane ! banner exec ^C % Password expiration warning.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Cisco Router and Security Device Manager (SDM) is installed on this device and it provides the default username "cisco" for one-time use. If you have already used the username "cisco" to login to the router and your IOS image supports the "one-time" user option, then this username has already expired. You will not be able to login to the router with this username after you exit this session.

It is strongly suggested that you create a new username with a privilege level of 15 using the following command.

username privilege 15 secret 0

Replace and with the username and password you want to use.

----------------------------------------------------------------------- ^C banner login ^C

----------------------------------------------------------------------- Cisco Router and Security Device Manager (SDM) is installed on this device. This feature requires the one-time use of the username "cisco" with the password "cisco". The default username and password have a privilege level of 15.

Please change these publicly known initial credentials using SDM or the IOS CLI. Here are the Cisco IOS commands.

username privilege 15 secret 0 no username cisco

Replace and with the username and password you want to use.

For more information about SDM please follow the instructions in the QUICK START GUIDE for your router or go to

formatting link
^C ! line con 0 login local line aux 0 line vty 0 4 privilege level 15 login local transport input ssh line vty 5 15 access-class 23 in privilege level 15 login local transport input telnet ssh ! scheduler allocate 20000 1000 ntp server 192.43.244.18 ntp server 193.204.114.105 end

How can I do?

Reply to
Elia S.
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.