Sybex Lammle or Cisco Press for 640-801

Loading thread data ...

Prepare both :-)

Reply to
MC

A friend of mine told me he just used Lammle and that the only thing he tripped up on the exam with was NAT. He said he had four questions on NAT. When I did my MCSE and Novell stuff I always used multiple sources -- this will be no different.

Reply to
A Sharp

That's right. "Scaling Networks with NAT and PAT" and DHCP is not covered too much in Todd's book. But, for me, Todd's book is GREAT. You should/must use it because of it's brief and exact explanations. Good luck :-)

Reply to
MC

If you go to the Sybex site and look up the book there is supplemental information on NAT and he acknowledges that he was week on the subject and provided the update as an addendum.

Myself, I am using the CCNA for Dummies 2nd Edition book as a primer/overview of my studies. I got a good understanding of the OSI model and Subnetting and stopped at LAN/WAN design and operation.

I am now going over the first 2 chapters in Lammles book for reinforcement of that knowledge and finding out that I am surprised at how well the Dummies book drilled some of the information into me. The Lamme book so far is reinforced overview to really drive the knowledge home.

I also have a 2501 router for practice, but haven't gotten that far to the actual router stuff just yet.

MC wrote:

Reply to
MrBigglesworth

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.