my ccnp/ccdp will expire december 30th.. my options?

Yes.

I would think you are right, not sure though.

It certainly reads that way to me, any CCIE written will do it.

Yes.

Yes. In order to gain the CCIE, I think you'll need to pass the written again if you don't make your first lab attempt within 18 months though.

Reply to
Paul Womar
Loading thread data ...

Hi, i was hoping someone could give me some insight as to the best path to proceed. I have both ccnp and ccdp which will expire this year december

31st. I would like to retain these certifications, so i have been looking at the various options available to me. I went to the cisco site and they say:

CCNP certifications are valid for three years. To recertify, either pass the

642-891 Composite exam, or pass both the 642-801 BSCI and 642-811 BCMSN exams, or pass a CCIE written exam on or after October 1, 2004.

CCDP certifications are valid for three years. To recertify, either pass the

642-891 Composite exam, or pass both the 642-801 BSCI and 642-811 BCMSN exams, or pass a CCIE written exam on or after October 1, 2004.

So to retain both certifications, all id have to do is what's said above i.e.:

1. pass the composite exam
  2. pass the routing exam and the switching exam
  3. pass a CCIE written exam

Now I would like to do CCIE, but I dont think i will be able to get it before december 31st. Doing the CCIE will obviously maintain the validity of my ccnp and ccdp. Yes, I know i dont need the ccnp and ccdp to be valid to take the ccie, but they are nice to keep valid.

I have a few questions:

1. Am i right in saying that if i take the composite exam, my ccnp/ccdp will be valid for a further 3 years?

1. will this 3 year period start from the date i pass the composite exam, or will it start from the 31st december? I am guessing itll start from the date i passed the composite exam.

2. I would like to do the written ccie exam instead of the composite exam, as this would be one step closer to the ccie. Can i take any ccie exam? I think ill do the R&S exam written exam

1. If i do the R&S written exam, will that make my ccnp/ccdp valid for 3 years, just like doing the composite exam?

2. I can take the R&S written exam without having to take the R&S practical exam down the line?

Any help most appreciated!

thanks, Peter

Reply to
PWalker

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.