CCNA Salary

According to Payscale.com, a CCNA will average around $70,000 - $80,000/yr.

Reply to
cstoll
Loading thread data ...

i agree, but could you find the company who pay $70,000+ for CCNA candidate, i am CCNA+MCP.

mail me on snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Reply to
Cisco Learning Group

Plenty... Go to

formatting link

Reply to
cstoll

Been in the business over 10 yrs and still not at $70,000, with certs and heavy hands on. So the reality is finding that company..

Reply to
luvsmecats

You also have to live in a Market/Region which also afford you such a Salary. If you live in Middletown, Iowa, I doubt you'd make $70,000. But if you lived in San Francisco, New York, Boston, Washington, etc.. Then chances are, you'll make that money starting, or at least within a few years.. No doubt about it...

Reply to
cstoll

Remember a few things ... there is no job called "CCNA". The CCNA cert is a validation of some degree of networking knowledge, but is merely a piece in the entire package that is "you".

Don't let "Payscale" confuse you. It's reporting the salaries of people who HAVE a CCNA, but most likely also have other qualifications. I have a CCNA, but I also have a BS in Computer Science, an MBA, CISSP, and 30 years experience. That's a lot different than someone with little experience and a few certs.

Salary is supply and demand, pure and simple. If I can find someone to do a job for $50K, I'm not going to pay another person $70K to do the same thing.

Make yourself more valuable. CCNA is a beginning. Go to the job boards and look at what companies are requiring for $70K jobs. I'll be very surprised if the main qualification is CCNA.

Why stop at CCNA? With experience and self-study, you can earn a CCXP in a few years.

Find the job you really want ... then qualify yourself for it.

Good luck!

Reply to
BAH

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.