Opinion Wanted

I've been in IT for twenty years and though I have worked on routers and done basic/advanced TCP/IP troubleshooting have never considered Cisco certification.

My coworker left his CCNA book on his desk and I thumbed through it and most of the material were things I was familiar.

Anyway I was wondering.

1. What is the total cost for the testing?
  2. How valuable is the CCNA in today's job market? I live in south Florida and the main reason is if a storm comes this year and I have to leave, I want to be ready for the job market wherever I end up.
Reply to
Nobody
Loading thread data ...
1.About 250$
Reply to
Bartosz Gagat

It wouldn't hurt. Some employers may use CCNA as a resume filter, I know mine does, just to weed out some of the applications that come through the door.

If you have pleanty of pratical experience, getting your CCNA wouldn't be too hard. There are probably a few things on Cisco tests that you won't run into on your own production network (since every environment is unique), so you will likely pick up a few tid-bits on the way. Then when/if you interview somewhere else, you could speak half-way intelligently about a technology you have't actually touched - you will at least have a basic level of knowledge about said technology.

Reply to
Wayne

What does your employer pay for a CCNA?

Reply to
cstoll

1. Testing = 5, preparation material can be as much as you need to feel comfortable. Plan on a minimum of .
  2. I'm an IT hiring manager in south Florida. I value a CCNA cert, which shows me a networking knowledge level, presuming that the candidate can answer interview questions to confirm knowledge.

Remember, any certification can be seen as a tie-breaker, which is always valuable.

Brady

Reply to
BAH

Not $70,000 to $80,000.

Reply to
Wayne

What does an IT Manager in South Florida pay a CCNA? Assume 1 person has a CCNA and no experience and another has a CCNA and

5-10/years experience?
Reply to
cstoll

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.