CCNA / ICND Exam Simulation Question Help

Hi All,

I've taken the ICND test twice and the simulation question gets me each time. Due to the time constraint of the test I run out of time to really figure this question out. I'm not looking for the exact answer to the question, just some basic help because I'm blanking out on this question each time.

Basically, it's telling me to configure the IP addressing for one of the routers so you can ping from one host to another router's interface.

For example: Console --> Router A Router B

Reply to
mbwood60097
Loading thread data ...

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com pisze:

Yeap, you have to configure router B if you want to ping from host to router. There is two scenario:

1)ping from host A to router B only:

- you have to put an IP to router B (Ethernet) and host (with proper IP and netmask) and that's it.

2) form host A to router A:

- set an IP to S0 in router B (the same netmask as router A), E0 and set an IP in host. PI at E0 in router and the IP in host must have the same netmask. IMPORTANT. Don't forget about the routing protocol, or use the static....

Regards Kuba

Reply to
qpon

I guess

1) show cdp neighbour when used on Router A will give you the IP address of Router B you could also use it to Telnet to B 2) show cdp neighbour detail to know more about B.
Reply to
CraftWorks

We could tell you the answer to a specific exam question, which will help you as long as that particular test pool runs. . . . . . . or . . . . . . we could just discuss IP addressing and subnet-to-subnet communication and you would be able to pass many questions on IP address communication.

Since no one on here should tell you answers to exam questions, I will try to provide you a method to trace the problem in an IP to IP communucation flow. The idea is to make you be able to pass that question when . . . (oh no!) . . they actually re-word it into another question!

STUDY TOPICS: IP address subnetting, static routes, dynamic routing protocol (basics) Also, in any practice lab setup, look at the routing table contents for routers in various setups. What routes do they know about? How do they know about the existence of subnets on the other side of routers? How do you make a router know where to send traffic to another subnet?

Reply to
Scott Perry

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the info, that's exactly what I was looking for. The steps to trouble-shoot the problem, not just the answer. Just like they say, "you can give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, you know how the rest goes....."

Thx,

Mike

Reply to
mbwood60097

Thx for the help guys, Passed the test yesterday with a 875 :-)

Reply to
mbwood60097

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.