Broadcast domain, collision domain.. what are they exactly????

Broadcast domain, collision domain.. what are they exactly????

Reply to
lrantisi
Loading thread data ...

The b/c domain is an area where any node can transmit to any/all others-seperated by routers-if the broadcast domain is too big it will severley slow the network down(dependent on protocol used) as every node on the network(except the one transmitting) will have to recieve the broadcast.

formatting link
c/d domain is where there is more than 2 nodes that can transmit and "collide" with each others data-switches/bridges seperate these.
formatting link
extend the collision domain. Routers seperate Broadcast and collision domains. Switches seperate only collision domains.

I think..

Reply to
gregg johnstone

What do you know so far? What specifically are you having trouble understanding?

BernieM

Reply to
BernieM

Reply to
emekadavid

Pretty much bob on.

Reply to
Paul Matthews

Thanks again! btw is there a shortage of CCNAs in Europe/worldwide?

Reply to
gregg johnstone

btw there is a b/d for a local broadcast and a directed broadcast. which exactly are u referring to? b/d's are not that too simple to define without knowing if it's a local or directed.

Reply to
emekadavid

I am not aware of any shortage.

TBH where I work I don't think a CCNA really counts for a lot - we have them coming out of our ears so to speak.

P.

Reply to
Paul Matthews

On the contrary. The term broadcast domain is used almost exclusively to mean L2 Broadcast domain.

Reply to
Paul Matthews

Not sure why it matters. Broadcast frame is a broadcast frame. It only matters at the final destination. No one (during transit) will know or care if it's a broadcast address or not.

Reply to
Hansang Bae

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.