Home Networking Help

Hi, I have a home networking problem. I recently got a wireless network card and router to use with my laptop (win2k) and Rogers. Only, i cannot seem to get the Router to setup an internet connection with Rogers. I have a Linksys Wireless B router and network card. I set up the Wireless card to talk with the Router, but the Router never gets an IP address from Rogers. And the old connection from my laptop to ROgers will not work with the wireless card. I am lost though, in the Router's website, i have no idea what to but into the Host Name and User Name section.

Can anybody please give me some info/advice/ or set-by-step directions on how to set this up. I have tried to use my username and DNS for the Host Name and User Name, however, it doesn't work. Any help would be great.

Thanks

Reply to
MarkARC
Loading thread data ...

OK, your laptop needs to be set up to connect to another "computer" for Internet access. That other computer is the Linksys router. If you were running Windows XP, I'd just have you run the network setup wizard and specify that this computer connects to the Internet through another computer. For Windows 2000, try this:

Start, run, ipconfig/renew

Then fire up your web browser and see what you get. -Dave

Reply to
Dave C.
8 large cabbage leaves 1 lb. lean ground newborn human filets, or ground chuck Onions peppers celery garlic soy sauce salt pepper, etc Olive oil breadcrumbs Tomato Gravy (see index)

Boil the cabbage leaves for 2 minutes to soften. In skillet, brown the meat in a little olive oil, then add onions, peppers, and celery (all chopped finely) and season well. Place in a large bowl and cool. Add seasoned breadcrumbs and a little of the tomato gravy, enough to make the mixture pliable. Divide the stuffing among the cabbage leaves then roll. Place seam down in a baking pan. Ladle tomato gravy on top, and bake at 325° for 30 - 45 minutes.

Umbilical Cordon Bleu

Nothing is so beautiful as the bond between mother and child, so why not consume it? Children or chicken breasts will work wonderfully also.

4 whole umbilical chords (or baby breasts, or chicken breasts) 4 thin slices of smoked ham, and Gruyere cheese Flour eggwash (milk and eggs) seasoned bread crumbs 1 onion minced salt pepper butter olive oil

Pound the breasts flat (parboil first if using umbilical cords so they won?t be tough). Place a slice of ham and cheese on each, along with some minced onion then fold in half, trimming neatly. Dredge in flour, eggwash, then seasoned breadcrumbs; allow to sit for a few minutes. Sauté in butter and olive oil until golden brown, about 6 minutes on each side.

Shish Kababes

As old as the hills, this technique has employed seafood, beef, pork, lamb, poultry, and vegetables; just about anything can be grilled, and young humans are no exception!

High quality marinade (Teriyaki and garlic perhaps)

1 inch cub
Reply to
Dave C.

It could be that Rogers is only recognizing the computer's MAC address. You should be able to have the router clone that MAC. Otherwise, you have to release DHCP on the computer, before connecting the router.

Reply to
James Knott

or the morticians occasional horror: a small miracle stopped short by a drunk driver, or the innocent victim of a drive-by shooting...

2 cups finely chopped very young human flesh 1 cup shredded cabbage 1 cup bean sprouts 5 sprigs green onion, finely chopped 5 cloves minced garlic 4-6 ounces bamboo shoots Sherry chicken broth oil for deep frying (1 gallon) Salt pepper soy & teriyaki minced ginger, etc. 1 tablespoon cornstarch dissolved in a little cold water 1 egg beaten

Make the stuffing: Marinate the flesh in a mixture of soy and teriyaki sauces then stir fry in hot oil for till brown - about 1 minute, remove. Stir-fry the vegetables. Put the meat back into the wok and adjust the seasoning. De-glaze with sherry, cooking off the alcohol. Add broth (optional) cook a few more minutes. Add the cornstarch, cook a few minutes till thick, then place the stuffing into a colander and cool; 2 hours Wrap the rolls: Place 3 tablespoons of stuffing in the wrap, roll tightly - corner nearest you first, fold 2 side corners in, wrap till remaining corner is left. Brush with egg, seal, and allow to sit on the seal for a few minutes. Fry the rolls: 325° if using egg roll wraps, 350° for spring roll wraps. Deep fry in peanut oil till crispy golden brown, drain on paper towels.

Lemon Neonate

Turkey serves just as well, and in fact even looks a bit like a well-dressed baby. By the time you turn the child?s breast into cutlets, it will be indistinguishable. The taste of young human, although similar to turkey (and chicken) often can be wildly different depending upon what he or she has consumed during its

10 to 14 months of life...

4 well chosen cutlets (from the breasts of 2 healthy neonates)

2 large lemons (fresh lemons always, if possible) Olive oil Green onions Salt pepper cornstarch neonate stock (chicken, or turkey stock is fine) garlic parsley fr
Reply to
MarkARC

The first step, **always**: shut down modem, router, computer. Start modem; when lights are steady, start router, then start computer. See if the router has WAN address, i.e., IP for Rogers - check the status page for the router at http://192.168.X.Y where X and Y are given in the user manual. Your wireless address will be 192.168.X.Z where Z is not Y. Normally the host name and network name are superfluous for cable.

Reply to
Quaoar

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.