Verizon can't see my 82557 NIC

Why can't Verizon see my 82557 NIC? I can't install due to this.

My PC is an IBM 233MHz.

I have a DLink DSL 100D/CZ. I don't want to use the wireless Verizon sent me because I've had friends lift free DSL off their neighbors.

I have another, tolerable but quaint problem: some times it sees my PC as 232 MHz and says I don't qualify.

- = - Vasos-Peter John Panagiotopoulos II, Columbia'81+, Bio$trategist BachMozart ReaganQuayle EvrytanoKastorian

formatting link
---{Nothing herein constitutes advice. Everything fully disclaimed.}--- [Homeland Security means private firearms not lazy obstructive guards] [Fooey on GIU,{MS,X}Windows 4 Bimbos] [Cigar smoke belongs in veg food group]

Reply to
vjp2.at
Loading thread data ...

| | Why can't Verizon see my 82557 NIC? | I can't install due to this. | | My PC is an IBM 233MHz. | | I have a DLink DSL 100D/CZ. I don't want to use the wireless | Verizon sent me because I've had friends lift free DSL off their neighbors. | | I have another, tolerable but quaint problem: | some times it sees my PC as 232 MHz and says I don't qualify. | | - = - | Vasos-Peter John Panagiotopoulos II, Columbia'81+, Bio$trategist | BachMozart ReaganQuayle EvrytanoKastorian |

formatting link
| ---{Nothing herein constitutes advice. Everything fully disclaimed.}--- | [Homeland Security means private firearms not lazy obstructive guards] | [Fooey on GIU,{MS,X}Windows 4 Bimbos] [Cigar smoke belongs in veg food group]

You posted this already ! Why open a new thread when you didn't respond to the last reply ! I'll just give you a simple response now...

Don't use *any* provided Verizon software. Get a Cable/DSL Router such as the Linksys BEFSR41 and via the WAN port connect it to the Verizon supplied Modem. Then have the PC connect to a LAN port on the Router. Call Verizon on the phone and have them create an account over the phone. If the account uses PPPoE then apply the account to the PPPoE setup on the Router and you'll access the internet no matter what speed your PC is or what NIC you are using on the PC (assuming it works).

No Verizon software is needed and no Verizon supplied software should be used.

Reply to
David H. Lipman

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.