Speedtouch 530 and Checkpoint SecureRemote VPN - HELP REQ

*** post for FREE via your newsreader at post.newsfeed.com ***

Hi,

Hope someone can shred some light on a problem I have.

Recently moved, up to then I have used NTL Cable STB for my broadband with no problems whatsoever. Unfortunately, they do not provide services in the area I have moved to, so alas I have had to go to ADSL.

OK, ADSL modem/router is a SpeedTouch 530. I was informed that this would work fine with IPSEC PassThru which my office VPN uses.

The VPN software on the PC is Checkpoint's SecureRemote NG Build 023.

In the good old NTL days, I simply hooked up my laptop and no problems whatsoever using my SMC Barricade router.

I can hook the SMC into the Eth port on the 530, and DHCP works fine the laptop is given an IP address and access to the Internet works fine (i.e. web browsing works fine!). However, I am having problems with the VPN access.

I can 'update site' no problems, so I can see that the VPN server is up and running and has exchanged data. If I logon with an INVALID password then the VPN Firewall sees this and reports back invalid password. However, when I enter a valid password, and then try to TELNET to one of the office boxes I can see 'exchanging keys with firewall' messages within SecureRemote but I then get a 'communications error exchanging keys'.

Now I suspect that the SpeedTouch is not passing IPSEC through properly.

Question 1: Will SpeedTouch actually work?

Question 2: If the answer is yes, does anyone know of a configuration that makes VPN work?

Any advice would be most welcome.

Email Address: sonoftill at hotmail dot com

Thanks

Carl

-----= Posted via Newsfeed.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =-----

formatting link
- The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!

-----== 100,000 Groups! - 19 Servers! - Unlimited Download! =-----

Reply to
Mail Bots Can Go To Hell
Loading thread data ...

Hi Carl,

I'm having exactly the same problem - did you get any response to your plea for help??

Regards, Pat

Mail Bots Can Go To Hell Wrote:

post.newsfeed.com ***

Reply to
PatThomas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.