Belkin F5D5230-4 Router lost administrator password tip.

I bought a supposedly new Belkin router, but when I opened it , it was obviously a repack. When I tried to access the configuration screen, I was locked out by the previous owner's password. Trying various reset scenarios didn't allow access. I called Belkin's support line and they said that the router had to be sent back to clear the password. Before giving up I accessed the password screen and tried to log in repeatedly while rapidly tapping the reset button. After a minute or so, the configuration page popped up and I was able to configure the router and set a new password. Perhaps this process will work with other routers that supposedly don't allow a password reset. Chuck

Reply to
Chuck
Loading thread data ...

So much for security :-( But the marketing dipsoids can now claim a new 'convenience' feature :-)

-- Pete Gebel pfgebel(deletethis)@crisperiodcom Have the best day possible - all things considered

Reply to
tanstafl

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.