Wireless Woes continue Intel 2100 LAN 3B - Broadcom solution?

I have a Presario X1030US with WIN XP SP2 and terrible connection problems with my wireless internal Intel 2100 LAN 3B Mini PC card. The intel ProSet drivers actually cause this card to freeze the entire system. The native WIN drivers can't seem to hold the signal either. What is weird is that the wireless network connections say the connection is disconnected when I am actually connected and can surf, but say connected when I am disconnected. The signal from the wireless WAP stays strong, but the computer gets bumped with no apparent interference taking place [I'm in the basement, far from everything but a wireless phone, which is not online when the bumps take place] The Intel Proset software allows for WEP 128 bit but the WIN driver only allows for 64 bit.

Aside from sucky WIN software, I am wondering if a Broadcom 54g Max Performance card to replace the OEM Intel might offer me more hope and a better solution.

I have zero trouble staying connected with my Mac G5. ~~~~~~~~~~~~ Jefferis Peterson, Pres. Web Design and Marketing

formatting link

Reply to
Jefferis NoSpamme
Loading thread data ...

Talked with HP tech and they told me if the computer wasn't built with Broadcom chipsets, they don't guarantee connectivity or recommend the wireless lan card. Said, if Intel is connecting but dropping, most likely software/driver settings issue.

Next step: 5.8 ghz phone to replace 2.4, and turn off internal firewall. Router should handle that need. Jeff

~~~~~~~~~~~~ Jefferis Peterson, Pres. Web Design and Marketing

formatting link

Reply to
Jefferis NoSpamme

Have you made sure that you're running the latest recommended Intel code?

formatting link

Reply to
aaron

Oh yes. Intel Proset drivers made matters much better for staying connected, much worse for total system freezes with loss of wireless signals.

~~~~~~~~~~~~ Jefferis Peterson, Pres. Web Design and Marketing

formatting link

Reply to
Jefferis NoSpamme

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.