wireless network dramas!!!

SP2 has a firewall that is probaby hosing you up.......cant tell you how to turn it off as I refuse to put SP2 on my computers.

having no

Reply to
Airhead
Loading thread data ...

having no

Reply to
Airhead

This may sounds like the dumbest thing but it worked for me on two

networks. Would have never thought it would have solved it but it was

a last ditch effort before I was going to format here at home. I

changed all my machines from the workgroup name 'workgroup' to

something else. I never had a problem with using workgroup till after

SP2 but after changing that everything worked just like before.

Reply to
qball15j

SP2 turns on the firewall by default, try disabling it...

Reply to
William P.N. Smith

All was well until xp sp2 was down loaded and now i have spent blood sweat and tears trying to get my 2 computers to communicate but im having no joy. Im using a netgear DG834G router both systems go online fine but ive run the wizards on both and not even a sniff of a conection. Anyway of doing this without the wizard as i managed it easy enough before sp2.

thanks

Reply to
Sean Smith

This may be why I've never had the problems with SP2 that I'm reading about. I always change the name of my workgroup...

Reply to
Father Dale

I'm running SP2 on all my computers. I'm guessing the people who have problems with it aren't looking at the settings after they make the change. I've had no problems with it, running it on a home-made craputer spare parts machine, a 2 month old laptop, a 2 yr old Dell and a five yr old Compaq. It works better.

Reply to
Father Dale

Reply to
Doug Jamal

Reply to
Doug Jamal

I have SP2 on all three of my PCs without any problems. You do need to make sure that file/printer sharing is enabled on the F/W.

Reply to
Mark McIntyre

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.