Wireless Bridge Adhoc or Infrastructure?

Hi all,

Thanks for answering some of my repeater questions.

I've got a Zoom 4400 AP/Bridge/Repeater that I plan on using as a bridge and connecting a AP to it to make a two piece repeater.

The bridge has the option to be setup as either Adhoc or infrastructure mode.

What mode should i use?

Thanks again

Dave

Reply to
dave
Loading thread data ...

"dave" hath wroth:

Infrastructure. It's connecting to an access point somewhere else.

formatting link
should be setting it up as a "wireless gaming adapter". This is the same as a "wireless client bridge adapter" which was previously recommended. No clue if it will pass more than one MAC address. You'll find out soon enough.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Thanks jeff,

Whats the deal with multiple MAC addresses?

Does that mean that I can only have one wireless client talking with the AP?

Thanks again

Dave

Reply to
dave

"dave" hath wroth:

I have a feeling that it's no longer an issue with current model wireless client bridge boxes. In the past, there were wireless client bridges and game adapters that would bridge exactly one MAC address. That limited you to connecting only one computah on the ethernet side of the game adapter. The conspiracy theory is that this was done to sell more game adapters. However, firmware has been updated and improved, resulting in the ability to connect more than one computer to a single game adapter. I know nothing about the Zoom 4400. Try putting an ethernet switch (or hub if desperate) behind the Zoom 4400 with more than one computer connected and see if it works.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.