Wifi Help...Please Help!

You need to use a lower frequency that will go through foliage and "around" obstacles.

Is the ground level? Can you maintain line of sight?

Separate the video stream from the control. Use model car radio control devices on 53 and 75Mhz for control and 2.4Ghz video for vision. This way, you can lose the vision part of the link, and not loose control of the robot. If you drive around an obstacle (i.e. vehicle) and lose video, you can then move the robot to a different location and regain video contact.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann
Loading thread data ...

Just out of curiosity, got cellular there? For strange events here in Las Vegas, I have a netcam on my PDA and do streaming video for my friends of things like new years eve fireworks/opening of insanity (the ride)/rollercoasters/Snow Avalanches at Mt Charleston/boats on lake mead etc. Lets me be miles and miles away from home. The always on PDA link is a bit pricey (about $40 a month), but I have it for work anyway.

Reply to
Peter Pan

Hi!

I didn't see about the where you live!

I live on a tropical island. I'd be building this robot (as a hobby)

to drive around on dirt roads, and patrol.

There would be some trees as interferance, but no buildings.

WiFi would be a lot easier to work with than some other type of

communication system. Do you think I could get it to work if I used

signal amplifiers?

Thanks!

Reply to
robowifi

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.