What causes this connection problem?

What causes this?: Can connect to wifi access point sometimes and sometimes not(shared connection, not my router). When connected to AP No data flow, cannot load pages and sometimes have to use proxy to get DNS lookups. Sometimes can ping DNS ips/router and sometimes not. Signal strength program shows sufficient signal strength that could connect previously, but not now. Only way to remedy this is to place my laptop in close proximity to rounter-few feet, connect and then go back to my house and continue the connection-sometimes works other times not. Sometimes I can ping with fast pings, but still not data flow cannot surf or do anything. Windows 8.x, with not good line of sight, signal bouncing off metal walls to my windows, but signal strength reported works fine most of the time and sometimes not. Router shows like 10 people either connected or trying to connect. I do not have the password to reboot it, I can only turn it on and off and move the antenna.

Reply to
CALAMITYJANE
Loading thread data ...

9 other moving it around and rebooting it at all times of the day.

If you can turn it on/off (whcih is in effect - rebooting it) then you can probably do a factory reset on it and set whatever password(s) you want. Fuck those other 9 people. You need internet access more than them, amiright?

-sw

Reply to
Sqwertz

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.