What [automated] apps (or techniques) do you use to ensure radio transceivers are off?

I found this by searching which says it can be done but that's old,

formatting link
On my recent model phone is a setting called "Turn on Wi-Fi automatically" which is off by default.

It's in Settings, Connections, Wi-Fi, top right Advanced, Intelligent Wi-Fi, and then Turn on Wi-Fi automatically

Below that there is also an option to look at your "Wi-Fi control history" which says "View apps that have turned Wi-Fi on or off recently" so it sure looks like apps can turn on wifi automatically and then shut them off.

Reply to
Freethinker
Loading thread data ...

I don't see the trolls but on the topic I could use an app that automatically turns off the power to the wifi of the phone whenever the access point is disconnected for a period of minutes (maybe 10 minutes).

Reply to
knuttle

How would it ever then come back on?

I don't know about you, but I want my phone to automatically connect to WiFi wherever I go.

Reply to
Alan

your scripts are broken. frank didn't say that.

try a mirror.

that type of functionality is built into ios and does not need an app.

Reply to
nospam

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.