What [automated] apps (or techniques) do you use to ensure radio transceivers are off?

What about nfc? Does nfc no longer exist?

Can't you manually turn each of those radios off and keep them off until you want to manually turn them back on?

Are you sure GPS doesn't turn off when you press the on/off slider?

If you can manually do it, you should be able to automatically do it without needing tasker just to turn a Android setting to the off slide.

Reply to
mike
Loading thread data ...

really not.

multiple variants (gsm/cdma/hspa/lte/5g), some of which can be enabled or disabled separately.

2.4ghz and 5ghz bands.

classic and le.

multiple variants (glonass, qzss, etc.)

also:

€ nfc € uwb

of course it can.

in fact, the gps is normally off, enabled via an app only when precise location is needed.

blocking tracking on ios can be done in a variety of ways, including spoofing location. your lack of knowledge does not mean it's impossible.

that's easy to do on ios.

Reply to
nospam

it does.

yes.

it's under app control.

Reply to
nospam

They're both using the same news server, aioe.org.

Reply to
Anonymous

You have to be careful with the word "precise" because at least on Android it means different things to different applications.

For some it means what you seemed to have meant which is satellite location but for other apps (often google's apps) it means a lot more radios go on.

Still, all of them should have manual switches to turn them off.

If there is a manual switch in the operating system settings, why can't an app press that slider based on automatic conditions (like disconnection of a wifi access point connection)?

Some of these intelligent disconnections based on current conditions are probably already coded into the operating system setup, aren't they?

Reply to
Ilya Kraskov

Anonymous is correct. All aioe headers have the same ip address. It's how it works.

I didn't see who but someone is thinking they understand the aioe headers. When they don't understand anything about them.

Worse is they accost people based on their own misguided misunderstandings. People like that shouldn't make accusations based on their misinformation.

Reply to
Bugsy

apps can request different levels of location precision. some apps only need a general area (e.g., weather), whereas others need exact location (e.g., navigation, finding lost items, etc.).

there is no need for that.

Reply to
nospam

Oops me bad! Yep five.

Reply to
sms

You need to quantify what /you/ mean by exact, and whether the application means the same thing, since navigation works fine with just satellite.

To say otherwise would mean you don't understand how navigation works.

Of course there is. To say otherwise is not reasonable.

Battery drain & data costs may not be important to you but you're not everyone. When they make a phone, you're not the only one using it.

If the phone maker wanted the receivers on all the time they wouldn't be giving you the many switches that exist to manually turn them off.

Reply to
Ilya Kraskov

more than you ever will, arlen.

Reply to
nospam

Incorrect conclusion. I can't be bothered to check *that* nym/address before that date and I can't be bothered to explain to you why I can't be bothered.

Reply to
Frank Slootweg

Fine with me. I don't care either way. If I happen to lump one worthless troll in with another worthless troll, no skin off my back. Looks like we're both going to end this discussion happily despite your beef with me. Happy Holidays. : )

Reply to
Jolly Roger

Beef? If you thought this was a beef, you have seen nothing yet! :-)

Happy Holidays to you too.

Reply to
Frank Slootweg

I am curious, so...

Martin goes back to November 2016 in this Android group. My folder goes back to June that year.

He may have posted earlier on other .uk groups which I don't have subscribed, but it would be easy enough to check.

Reply to
Carlos E.R.

'arlen' has been forging regulars, especially in groups they don't normally post.

Reply to
nospam

True, but not everybody is Arlen. I compared the headers of Martin on

2016 and now, and they match. I also compared the headers with those of Arlen, and there are some interesting differences.

Then there is the language, it is different.

Reply to
Carlos E.R.

Exactly! that's why I said:

<me>

Message-ID: <tcrot1$1r8m$ snipped-for-privacy@gioia.aioe.org>

From that post, I very much doubt that this is 'Arlen'.

</me>

But that was conveniently ignored, because it doesn't fit some people's agenda's. Never mind the bogus "especially in groups they don't normally post" argument.

Reply to
Frank Slootweg

there's nothing bogus about it. 'arlen' has done exactly that and continues to do that.

Reply to
nospam

Sigh! Martin posted in comp.mobile.android, so if 'Arlen' would have forged him, he would have been doing that in the *same* group, so bogus argument.

Reply to
Frank Slootweg

i wasn't referring to anyone in particular nor did i say he does it all the time. it's just another one among many of his tells.

Reply to
nospam

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.