UWB homescreen indicator

Does Android show on the homescreen when the UWB location/data radio is on?

My phone doesn't have UWB but Pixels and high end Samsung phones have had the UWB location/data radios for a few years now (Pixel, Galaxy, Xiaomi).

formatting link
Given UWB can help track you down to centimeter location detail
formatting link
could be important to know when your UWB radio is on or when it's off.

I'm aware of the UWB on/off switch in Android but since I don't have UWB, what I'd like to know is if the homescreen indicates when the UWB is on?

Reply to
Nick Cine
Loading thread data ...

I think only the Pixel Pro models (and Pixel Fold?) have UWB, I have no idea whether they have a status bar symbol for it.

Reply to
Andy Burns

We need to find someone who has one of these phones to check for us.

formatting link
Pixel 6 Android 2021 October Pro model only[3] Qorvo DW3720[4] Pixel 7 2022 October Pro model only[5] Pixel 8 2023 October Pro model only[6] Pixel Fold 2023 June All models[7] Pixel Tablet 2023 June All models[8] Samsung Galaxy Note20 2020 August Ultra model only[9] NXP SR100T Galaxy S21 2021 January Plus (+) and Ultra models only[10] NXP SR100T Galaxy S22 2022 February Plus (+) and Ultra models only[11] Galaxy S23 2023 February Plus (+) and Ultra models only Galaxy S24 2024 January Plus (+) and Ultra models only Galaxy Z Fold2 2020 September NXP SR100T Galaxy Z Fold3 2021 August NXP SR100T Galaxy Z Fold4 2022 August Galaxy Z Fold5 2023 August Xiaomi MIX4 2021 September NXP SR100T

Reply to
Nick Cine

Pixel 7 Pro, GrapheneOS. There is nothing showing when I flip the UWB switch from off to on or vice versa. There's also no quick toggle for UWB that might show the UWB status.

Theo

Reply to
Theo

With my S21 Ultra I don't see any indication that it's on. I don't have any Samsung SmartTags or anything else I could use UWB for so I leave it off normally.

Reply to
Anssi Saari

//Hello Andy,//

What is UWB?

on *23.04.24* at *18:32:22* You wrote in area *ALT.INTERNET.WIRELESS* to *Nick Cine* about *"Re: UWB homescreen indicator"*.

AB> XPost: comp.mobile.android AB> From: snipped-for-privacy@andyburns.uk

AB> Nick C >> My phone doesn't have UWB but Pixels and high end Samsung phones > have had >> the UWB location/data radios for a few years now

AB> I think only the Pixel Pro models (and Pixel Fold?) have UWB, I AB> have no AB> idea whether they have a status bar symbol for it.

AB> --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05 AB> * Origin: you cannot sedate... all the things you hate (1:229/2)

Regards, Alan Beck

Reply to
Alan Beck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.