two networks running from one access point?

Not sure how to explain this but... my neighbor and i would like to setup my place/network/lan using an outside access point (buddy next door [If your wondering, I have his ok]). Now if i just wanted to connect one of my computers then no problem but i would like to be able to setup a point so i can just plug my (mostly wireless) network into say one router, and probably an antennae (the signal is ok, but could be stronger).

So, is it possible to have one wireless router "feed" off the signal of another wireless router and then i can plug my wired network into this router (maybe i am getting the terminology mixed up, yes i'ma noob)? Are there any howto-for-noobs on the web? Everything i have found so far deals with getting one computer to connect with a router.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

-Gaiko

Reply to
gaikokujinkyofusho
Loading thread data ...

I'm not exactly sure what you are trying to achieve here but I'll take a stab at it.

Wireless router at neighbors >------------ ethernet cable>ethernet switch or wireless router>computers on you side.

The bridge allows you to connect your network to his network as if you ran a cable from his place to your place.

If you give a little bit better description of what you want as the end result it might be helpful. Do you want to share files back and forth between your network and his or just share an internet connection? Do you want to stop access to your computers by your neighbor?

Ian

Reply to
Ian

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.