TNC/RP-TNC adapter

Hi

Someone recently made up a cable for me to connect an external antenna to my WRT54GL. Unfortunately, the person that did the cable didn't understand the difference between TNC and RP-TNC, so my cable has a TNC male connector on the business end, and my router needs an RP-TNC male.

Is there such a thing as a TNC/RP-TNC adapter out there anywhere? I've STFW, but sadly to no avail.

Any tips welcomed.

Reply to
Keith
Loading thread data ...

Either slice off the standard TNC plug and replace with an appropriate RP-TNC connector or get 2 pigtails from TNC to N and also RP-TNC to N.

Tony

Reply to
Anthony R. Gold

The problem with the first idea is that it seems that RP-TNC connectors here in the UK are rare as hens teeth. I think I shall just return the cable to the guy who made it up and see if he can source the connector.

Your second suggestion is excellent, but too expensive for me, as I'm out of work at the moment, and watching the pennies.

Cheers!

Reply to
Keith

Are these the correct gender that you need?

formatting link
?method=getProduct&R=2508363784 Tony

Reply to
Anthony R. Gold

formatting link

formatting link
Dear God, they're expensive! Bugger that.

But thanks.

Reply to
Keith

Keith wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net:

Less expensive that a TNC-rpTNC adapter would be I'd assume.

Reply to
DanS

formatting link
>

formatting link

Keith they're only £3 here:

formatting link

Reply to
tg

formatting link
>>

formatting link
> Dear God, they're expensive! Bugger that.

Much better - thanks!

Reply to
Keith

Reply to
William4

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.