switching from 2.4ghz to 5ghz

how do you switch the mikrotick r52nm wifi card from 2.4ghz to 5ghz?

formatting link
i have been using the mikrotik rb411 router as a wireless bridge client with the r52nm 2.4/5ghz mini pci 802.11a/b/g/n dual chain, high power daughter card as a 2.4ghz wireless transceiver and wanted to try out the 5ghz option on that card to see if there's less local noise in that 5ghz range.
formatting link

i didn't change the 2.4ghz mesh antenna because i just wanted to switch to

5ghz to see what would happen. i assumed the two mmcx jumpers were for the 2.4ghz and 5ghz respectively so using that assumption i swapped the mmcx antenna connector from the left side jumper (j4) to the right side jumper (j5) but the signal strength went to hell.
formatting link
i can't find an owners manual other than this advertising literature.
formatting link
do you know how to switch the r52nm from 2.4ghz to 5ghz?
Reply to
knuttle
Loading thread data ...

I was looking for a mechanical switch or connector on the hardware. Turns out you switch it between 2.4GHz & 5GHz using Mikrotik software.

WinBox

formatting link
The Dude
formatting link
Netinstall
formatting link
Flashfig
formatting link
Bandwidth Test
formatting link

To switch the Mikrotik r52nm PCI slot card from 2.4GHz to 5GHz a. Winbox log into 192.168.88.1 as admin:blank b. Interfaces menu c. wlan1 Wireless (Atheros AR92xx) row d. Wireless tab e. Choose the Band Mode: station pseudobridge Channel Width: 20MHz Frequency: 5180MHz (or auto?) SSID: ssid_optout_nomap Wireless Protocol: nv2 nstreme 802.11 Band: 5GHz-A/N <====< choose this to switch to 5GHz >

2GHz-B 5GHz-A 2GHz-only-G 2GHz-B/G 5GHz-only-N 5GHz-A/N 2GHz-only-N 2GHz-B/G/N <====< choose this to switch to 2.4GHz >

formatting link

Reply to
knuttle

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.