Spammer ispgeeks.com targets alt.internet.wireless

Since I posted to this ng, I have been getting spam from ispgeeks.com. This spam is particularly nasty, because it includes words that I am interested in, taken from threads in this ng that I participate in.

Because of these words, I avoid sending these spams to my email filter, because I do not want to mis-train it. So I filter ispgeeks.com in a different way.

What a bunch of scumbags.

Reply to
David Arnstein
Loading thread data ...

Have not noticed that. But I use Yahoo and they have spam filters.

David Arnste> Since I posted to this ng, I have been getting spam from ispgeeks.com.

Reply to
seaweedsteve

When you post to a newsgroup have your reply-to address as something like:

anonymous@my_REMOVE_THIS_domain.com

That way the spam bots that scour the newsgroups won't be able to e-mail you directly.

Reply to
Blue Streak

OP has return the same as posted in message. ???@pobox.com But his email address is still visible as arn?????@panix.com Maybe that's a phony as well though.

Reply to
DanR

David I am truly sorry if you felt that you were spammed. I personally invited you to the forums so I could answer your question aside from the petty nonsense in the newsgroups. We make the service available to all of our members who do not want to post answers in newsgroups for numerous reasons but still want to help out. The invite only goes out once and the decision is yours from there on.

Below is a copy of the email that you received from our site JUST ONCE.

Hi David,

Recently you posted a question in one of the newsgroups online. One of our registered guests would like to answer that question but does not participate in newsgroups. They have invited you to participate in our forums to get your questions answered. We have taken the liberty to create you an account with the following information.

Login: Password:

Once logged in you can change your password and user profile as desired. Now you are under no obligation to participate. If you are not interested do nothing and your account and the original question that you posted (now in our forums) will go away on their own.

Your original question is now available for review in our forums without logging in by going to the following URL.

formatting link
Expect an answer from the person who sent you this invite within 24 hours of this email as we are now notifying them that your invite has been approved.

This is the only notification that you will receive regarding this invite and we hope to see you in the forums!

Sincerely,

Celeste

formatting link

Celeste is a response bot that we use for this feature of the site. Obviously you were offended by this and I'm very sorry. We will immediately remove your temporary account and all data contained therein. We will continue however to offer this feature to our members who routinely look for ways to help people on usenet and other media as the response until now has been most favorable. People are generally surprised that another individual took the time to invite them for one and answer their question for two. You will notice that your question was also answered....

ISPgeek

formatting link
^^

Reply to
ISPgeek

Your account, the original forum thread and all aspects of your original post, its answer or anything related to you have now been deleted.

ISPgeek

formatting link

Reply to
ISPgeek

Actually I stand corrected. It will remain in the forums for 30 days. You can see the post and the response that was given at the following link

formatting link
You will not receive any further emails or contact regarding this thread and once again I'm sorry if there was any confusion as to the original intent of the invitation that was sent to you.

Cheers!

ISPgeek

formatting link
and Software Support Forums Get the help you want with no ATTITUDES! Free Cable/DSL/Satellite Broadband Speed Test Free Web Hosting and eBay image hosting (no banners, no popups, NO JOKE!) No Banners, No Popups, No Spam, No Advertising of ANY Type

Reply to
ISPgeek

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.