Senao 2611 CB3 Deluxe Challenges

On 21 Jul 2006 04:41:15 -0700, "Skip - Working on the boat" wrote in :

?
  1. That's baloney. See
  • Pros of 802.11g - fastest maximum speed; supports more simulatenous users; signal range is best and is not easily obstructed

The maximum range of 802.11g devices is slightly greater than that of

802.11b devices...

Although the IEEE 802.11g standards effort has created a lot of controversy, hard test data is now becoming available that clearly and conclusively demonstrates that it is capable of higher data rates at longer ranges than any competing WLAN technology.

There is much to be understood about the new 802.11g draft standard, including its history, specifications and implications in the WLAN market, but this much is certain: it combines the best of the existing

802.11b and 802.11a standards, and promises a harmonized future that will encourage continued and rapid market development in 802.11 WLANs. In addition, users will benefit from higher data rates, extended range and compatibility with already installed Wi-Fi devices. ... Figure 1 (page 5) demonstrates that the performance of 802.11g, in terms of both data transfer speeds and range, is better than any of the alternatives that had been considered earlier in the selection process.
  1. That's a reseller, not Senao. I *strongly* recommend you stick with the manufacturer, not some reseller. Use either the link above, or

Both have firmware 2.0.0 available for download. NOTE: Be *sure* you have the Deluxe version before flashing this firmware -- the standard and Deluxe versions are *not* interchangeable!

Please be sure you have this correct latest firmware loaded and the unit reset to factory defaults before proceeding!

Reply to
John Navas
Loading thread data ...

Hi John, and group,

Back > 1. That's baloney. See

I'm beginning to learn that whatever a senao rep/distributor says is unreliable. Jeff was kind enough to point out that the same was true of Antnenae manufacturers (or maybe just marketers)...

(clip g superiority proofs)

I do, I, know, I do, and I did (before moving on beyond that point earlier last week). More later when I get it out again, which I hope to do this week. I finally got Lydia to see that this was a worthwhile use of time, so I may get to pursue it a bit more aggressively...

L8R

Skip

Reply to
Skip - Working on the boat

Hi John, and group,

Back > 1. That's baloney. See

I'm beginning to learn that whatever a senao rep/distributor says is unreliable. Jeff was kind enough to point out that the same was true of Antnenae manufacturers (or maybe just marketers)...

(clip g superiority proofs)

I do, I, know, I do, and I did (before moving on beyond that point earlier last week). More later when I get it out again, which I hope to do this week. I finally got Lydia to see that this was a worthwhile use of time, so I may get to pursue it a bit more aggressively...

L8R

Skip

Reply to
Skip - Working on the boat

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.