Problems accessing webcam from browser...

I've turned on port forwarding on my linksys wireless routing to the appropriate internal IP address (which I've set to a static

192.x.x.x). I'm assuming at this point that I just need to type in the external ip of my dsl router and that it should forward me to my internal webcam app. Is this wrong? Do I need to type something else in the url like a ip/port combo : 100.200.300.400:50. The camera I own is a Q-See. It uses ports 1159 and 1259. I've setup port forwarding on the linksys router. Do I have to type something else into the URL?

Thanks,

Jason

Reply to
Mannytmoto
Loading thread data ...

Might need to forward port 80 tcp. This should allow you to get to the web configuration. Enter xxx.yyy.zzz:80 thats : 80

Also some cams need the video and audio ports forwarded for both tcp and udp

forwarding on

Reply to
Airhead

Hi Jason,I think this depends on the cam-app (which I dont know). If you are behind the same router as the cam while testing, you should try using the internal IP. Entering my external IP (dynamic one) will result in getting on my routers webserver, not on my real webserver. (of course, entering the IP from "outside", will result in visiting my webserver and not the router's one.

So maybe your application is just running fine at this time? What happens, if you are entering the external IP?

best regards,

Jens

Reply to
Jens Hartmann

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.