problem with neighbors wifi antenna

Hello!

Few days ago my neighbor set up wifi antenna on his terrace.

Here are pictures, photoed from street:

formatting link
?image=wifigridantena004ws8.jpg And this pictures are photoed from my appartment, about 10 meters from wifi antenna:
formatting link
?image=wifigridantena001ia8.jpghttp://img116.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wifigridantenazoom1x005fw4.jpg
formatting link

The question is, is it safe for me and my family to live in our apartment due to potential exposure to electromagnetic radiation.

Should I ask him to move it to the roof?

Thanks for a help.

Reply to
NjamNjam
Loading thread data ...

NjamNjam wrote in news:46542fc0$0$32263$c3e8da3 @news.astraweb.com:

There's nothing you can do to stop EMR from hitting you and your family.

It's everywhere, cell towers, TV & radio, Wi-Fi, even the sun.

Chances are your microwave leaks much more 2.4 GHz radio waves than you are exposed to by the antenna next door.

Reply to
DanS

NjamNjam hath wroth:

I can't tell if the dish is aimed at you or whether it's pointed elsewhere. That's a 24dBi gain dish antenna, which redirects almost all the energy in a very narrow 8 degree or less beamwidth in front of the antenna. If you were in this beamwidth, I would worry, depending on distance from the antenna. However, if you are outside the beam, including both above and below the beam, you're quite safe as there's hardly any RF in those angles. In fact, such a high gain dish antenna is the safest of the assortment because all the RF goes to where it's suppose to be going, and very little gets sprayed around the neighborhood.

I can grind some numbers on exposure if you want, but I need to know distances and angles.

Using the above calculator, a 24dBi antenna, in the area of 20ft away, with a 0.100 watt transmitter, you're safe about 2.4ft away. That's the worst case, where you're in the 8 degree beamwidth. To the side, there's MUCH less RF.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

You have basis to complain about having to look at his laundry drying, for sure.

NjamNjam wrote:

Reply to
News

News hath wroth:

Yep. Laundry drying is dangerous. This happened yesterday while I was having lunch next door.

How to turn a laundry dryer into a barbeque. However, I don't think drying your laundry on the neighbors dish antenna is a good idea.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Jeff Liebermann wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Well, in the meantime I photographed floor plan of my apartment (red color) and neighbors apartment, and calculated angle (16 deegres) and other dimensions.

Here is the picture with floor plan and dimensions:

formatting link
Sorry, but I am new to this, and want to be sure.

Thanks for your help.

Reply to
NjamNjam

Are you at risk from your microwave oven? There is health risk from the radiation off the antenna. For starters the power is not high enough to be considered dangerous.

Reply to
Dana

"Dana" wrote in news:b3cb$46551e85$944e306e$ snipped-for-privacy@STARBAND.NET:

Well, I dont have microwave oven, cause I prefer tradicional cooking.

And yes, I know that there are all kinds of EM fields all around us, but the source is allways far away, not 10 meters from my apartement, aimed almost to my windows. Maybe I would not say anything if the dish was aimed somewhere else, but as you can see from pictures, this is very close to my windows.

I am trying not to be too paranoic, but want to know scientific truth.

Reply to
NjamNjam

I am in the wrong business. If I wanted to be rich I would be your shrink.

Reply to
Anonymous

Hi, If you REALLY worry about things like that, only place for you is cave in the wilderness. Even there there will will EM wave floating around.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Hmmm, How about electrical wires inside your dwelling? They are not far away.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Nothing wrong with that.

You would be surprised to find out how close you are to various em fields.

And again, the low power out, makes it a non issue. Now if this was a cell site or some other high power site, you would have a valid concern.

It has been proven not to be an issue.

>
Reply to
Dana

There is no evidence either way. I'm not aware of any scientific research that concludes that there is or is not a risk in such a configuration / situation.

Only you can decide. What would make you feel *comfortable* to continue living there? If you will always be thinking that the radiation from the antenna is causing some concern, that's not good, regardless any scientific evidence to the contrary.

As a neighbor, maybe he'd be willing to move it just at your request. Ask him.

Good luck,

Reply to
DaveC

If you want to know the numbers, you could buy an inexpensive RF field meter. That will tell you relative strength of the electromagnetic radiation in the RF band. You could measure RF strength at the other side of your condo (to see what the normal "background" strength is, and then measure it in the children's room, for example, to see if there is any increase, and if so, how much.

Here's one example:

formatting link
It's US$145.

Maybe your neighbor already owns one. He might take readings for you to help you understand the numbers...

Where is your property located? It looks like you have a nice view!

Good luck, Dave

Reply to
DaveC

DaveC wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.sf.sbcglobal.net:

Thank you for your help.

Europe, Croatia, island Losinj

here is a picture from Google Maps:

formatting link
and if you are interested, you can also browse photo galery:
formatting link

Reply to
NjamNjam

That's a really nice looking dish antenna, could you ask him where he got it and how much he paid for it... ? Also could you ask him what kind of AP he uses, and what kind of distance he achieves at what singal levels, etc ?

TIA.

Reply to
Brian

Here's a nice 21dbi dish. The "nice" thing about it is it's weight of less than 2 pounds (1kg).

formatting link
It's also quite small - 60 x 45 cm

Best / c24

Reply to
c24

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.