Here are the Facts:
We are using a VPN like connection provided by NetMotion. This application was created specifically for mobile applications. We have been dropping connection through netmotion VPN very frequently lately. Netmotion has done some testing, over various network connections. They seem to think that our GPRS network connection created the failure. Netmotion has suggested that "lag time" on the part of our network is most likely the issue.
There is No where on the Ericsson SGSN or the Ericsson GGSN where any latency related timer can be set/adjusted.
- Only one of three aps. are being effected.
- The app has a 60 second keep-alive.
- The NetMotion software flashes a yellow alarm when communication back to the server is lost.
- The yellow alarms come in often at 1 to 2 second duration.
- The yellow alarms sometimes last for 30 seconds or more
Q: Does anyone have a clue what we are working against here????