Nayas Admits Errors, Promises to Be Honest Going Forward, Switches to Verizon

And their new TV ad features a Sprint phone. I wonder which one they spent more money on- the webpage or the commercial?

Reply to
Scott
Loading thread data ...

Talk to a Radio Shack manager or franchise owner sometime about the loss of Verizon, you'll touch a nerve. As all of the reports have stated, wireless sales have taken a big hit at Radio Shack since the loss of Verizon.

I think one of the biggest problems for retailers that don't sell Verizon, is the tremendous influence that surveys such as those from Consumer Reports and JD Power have on consumers. Year after year, Consumer Reports lists Verizon as the top carrier in almost every metropolitan area. The surveys' impact is not limited to CR subscribers, as it is widely quoted by the media around the country. Since most wireless subscribers are already less than thrilled with their service, when their contract is up, they tend to do more research when selecting a carrier the second time.

Reply to
SMS
[POSTED TO alt.cellular.cingular - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

So you say, but there doesn't seem to be anything to support you.

Nope. The actual reports (the chronology of which I've detailed here) have stated that wireless was in trouble at the Shack when it was selling Verizon back in 2005. Switching to Cingular is part of the plan to recover from those problems.

Nonsense.

Reply to
John Navas

Radio Shack stated earlier this year that Sprint-Nextel sales haven't lived up to expectations, so it's not terribly surprising that it's trying to fix the problem:

:

RADIOSHACK BLUES TIED TO SPRINT NEXTEL CEO blames profit shortfall on lag in wireless sales

The chief executive of RadioShack Corp. was singing the Sprint Nextel Corp. blues Thursday.

The Texas-based electronics retailer said fourth-quarter profits would fall short because Sprint and Nextel wireless sales failed to boom toward the end of the year.

RadioShack was counting heavily on extra Sprint sales as the company shifted away from Verizon Wireless. A new contract with Cingular Wireless did not begin until January, David Edmondson, RadioShack?s president and chief executive officer, said during a call with Wall Street analysts.

"That was our contingency plan -- to drive the Sprint piece harder -- and that?s the part that did not materialize," Edmondson said.

[MORE]
Reply to
John Navas

:

You mean Radio Shack said in early January that the 4th quarter of 2005 (the first with Nextel products available) was disappointing. Not surprising, given the fact that they were still selling Verizon at that time. Your article is horribly out-of-date and does not come remotely close to representing the current business environment. It certainly has no bearing on the sudden interest in advertising Sprint products almost 4 months after the period mentioned in the article had passed. To say the advertising is a reaction to poor 4Q sales is extremely short-sighted and exposes fundamental flaws and gaps in your knowledge and understanding of business and advertising- further proof that Google is not the best place to learn an industry.

Reply to
Scott

Just following your lead- you have only opined on the subject.

And yet they actively advertise Sprint products. I guess your opinion of the RS plan is wrong.

Proof?

Reply to
Scott

The RS plan is to fix disappointing sales of Sprint-Nextel products, as shown in my earlier post.

Reply to
John Navas
:

Actually very surprising, and disappointing, since they were pushing Sprint-Nextel at the time, were expecting new sales from picking up Nextel, and since Verizon sales were down as well.

Don't expect to be taken seriously unless and until you come up with something (anything) credible to rebut that (and learn to cut down on your usual childish attacks).

Reply to
John Navas

So what are we witnessing here?

1. A Verizon problem?
  2. A Sprint-Nextel problem?
  3. A Radio Shack problem?
Reply to
Malcolm Hoar

Reply to
John Navas

which have nothing to do with any wireless carrier, not Cingular, not Verizon, not Sprint-Nextel. All this is just a result of childish attempts to blame Cingular for poor results actually caused by bad management at the Shack.

Reply to
John Navas

They were? Verizon was featured on the website and in their advertising in

4Q as they worked to get rid of as much VZW inventory as they could prior to the deal ending. The SprintNextel deal was signed to be the substitute for the VZW loss and become their CDMA carrier of the future. This doesn't even take into account that Sprint was still fighting image issues at the end of '05- image problems that seem to be healing as they scream past Cingular in their integration efforts. Image problems that pale in comparison to the well documented problems that Cingular has created for themselves over the last year and a half. Becoming the number two carrier after holding such command of the industry customer base (yet one of the least profitable) at the time of the merger speaks volumes and being number three by the end of '06 will make Cingular an afterthought to most customers. And this will happen because Cingular offers NOTHING unique- Verizon has network, T-Mo has pricing, SprintNextel has PTT and business applications. Cingular is simply a cellular provider with no unique identifier- kind of the Radio Shack of cellular providers. Maybe they deserve each other.

And you shouldn't expect to be taken seriously until you learn how to seperate opinion from fact when posting and not state poorly researched opinion as fact. I said nothing childish and stand by my statements- to say the advertising is a reaction to poor 4Q sales is extremely short-sighted and exposes fundamental flaws and gaps in your knowledge and understanding of business and advertising. Companies do not react four months after the fact with featured advertising to support a poor selling commissioned product, particularly if they have a more successful and profitable channel to support, as you claim. This opinion of yours (which is very well documented in this newsgroup) when combined with your predictable reaction to my comments does expose flaws and gaps in your knowledge.

Reply to
Scott

I didn't think so, but thanks anyway for living down to my expectations. Don't expect anything further from me unless and until you come up with something (anything) credible. In the meantime, have a nice day.

Reply to
John Navas

Wrong again- you have represented Cingular as the second coming for Radio Shack and left essential facts out when discussing the collapse of the Verizon deal. You have once again poorly twisted and misrepresented internet findings, providing your "take" on what they are really saying, as opposed to letting the articles speak for themselves. You have posted links that once researched have no value at all in the discussion at hand, but allow you to reference the links as "proof" that you are right. And now you are claiming that the recent advertising of Sprint productrs is a result of poor sales almost a half year ago. You have a track record of being wrong and refusing to admit it.

EVERYBODY EXCEPT YOU that has posted direct personal information in this thread has said that Radio Shack employees are far from pleased with the performance of Cingular in the stores. A sane and rational person in that position would look at the facts (no matter how presented) and either shut up or readjust their way of thinking. A sane and rational person would not state opinion as fact and blur the facts ad nauseum to win at all costs. You simply dimiss it as unverifiable heresay and then post your own observations as irrefutable fact. You are the hypocrite's hypocrite.

Now- because you are predictable and are bound to call everything I've just posted a juvelnile attack, I'll show you a juvenile attack. You have no clue about 95% of the things you post about. You had your 15 minutes of fame so long ago that the knowledge that got you that fame is now taught at most Junior High schools as antiquated technological history. Your "jack-of-all-trades, master of none" approach to "enlightening" people in these NG's is only surpassed in quantity by the huge amount of incorrect and useless "facts" and opinions you shower us with. Shall I point out the threads where you stick your head in the sand and hide (never to be seen again) when outed as clueless about the subject at hand? You are the most dangerous kind of poster Usenet could ever have- somebody armed with poor or bad information that posts it because it sounds good, not having a clue about the subject at hand. You should add a new sig to your posts- "I'm John Navas, dammit. Why would you believe me?"

So there ya go, Johnny Boy. Knowing you, you'll not only call it juvenile but scream "slander" at the same time. Feel free to do either- everything I posted is well documented and supported by your own posts over the last five years. You see, Google is my friend.

Reply to
Scott

Unsupported claims? You must have been confused for a moment, John- you were responding to my comments, not your own. But I'll play your game- what kind of facts would you like to prove that RS was still aggressively selling and advertising VZW right up until the end of '05?

And your comments above are what? I see- dish it out but can't take it. Why doesn't that surprise me? But again, I'll play your little game- which comments are unsupported? I'll be glad to support them using your own words and "experiences".

The only thing I expect from you anytime I come to this group is bad information and I expect to see a lot more of it. As far as credible posts, you wouldn't know one if it were the only post to read- your opinion of me will never make me lose sleep.

Reply to
Scott

Closing 500 stores. CEO resigned for falsifying resume. They have been having problems.

Reply to
Charles

Fat chance -- it's well known that JN is incapable of stopping once you've set the hook.

Reply to
kashe

Nice long post Scott, but by now surely you must realize that, in the words of Eric Hauser, "You can't have a debate with someone who is willing to make up the facts."

Reply to
SMS

Yeah, I know. He'll ignore it anyway- too much truth in it to suit his agenda.

Reply to
Scott

The master should of course know. ;)

Reply to
John Navas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.