Nayas Admits Errors, Promises to Be Honest Going Forward, Switches to Verizon

[POSTED TO alt.cellular.cingular - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

Good rebuttal. Not. I take that as an uncharitable concession.

Reply to
John Navas
Loading thread data ...

Reply to
Philip J. Koenig

For most of my life I have always found it quite despicable when an employer (or an employer apologist) attempts to say that they are doing you a favor just to give you "any" kind of job. What an insult to a person, which is tantamount to saying "You should be grateful you can have a job at all, so stop criticizing the crumbs I throw at you, you should be grateful for *anything* I decide to 'give' you."

That kind of talk is, in my book, the lowest of the low. Employers with that kind of arrogance *deserve* to be slapped and/or have their collective corporate head pulled out of their big fat corporate ass.

Reply to
Philip J. Koenig

For what definition of "disrupt"?

I think it's safe to say that welfare only becomes a "competitor" when you are a bottom-feeder like Walmart who cannot seem to understand the importance of paying a living-wage.

Reply to
Philip J. Koenig

Those are wild charges that simply aren't true.

Reply to
John Navas

Lots of US cities have ordinances against spitting on the sidewalk too.

In progressive cities like Berkeley and Palo Alto, there are laws against sitting (yes, sitting not spitting) on the sidewalk.

Reply to
Malcolm Hoar

April 1st was almost two weeks ago. Can we drop the thread?

Reply to
Roy

John, again, it is time to insert another quarter.

10 posts per day max please.
Reply to
Steve Rubin

Philip J. Koenig wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@News.Individual.Net:

An employer does not do an employee a favor by hiring him any more than the employee does the employer a favor by accepting employment. The employer has offered the employee a price for the employee's services and the employee has accepted the offer. If the employee has skills that command a higher price than Walmart is offering, the employee is free to accept a better offer.

Sometimes people are willing to settle for lower wage rates than they might command in exchange for other factors. I have two neighbors who work at a nearby Walmart. One of them is a full time student at a local community college. The other is a retiree who with her retired husband receive pensions from their former employer and Social Security. Both the student and the retiree are pleased to be working on a part-time basis near their homes.

Reply to
Stu707

Better they be on welfare than working? How nice. Not.

Walmart is clearly attractive to the many that apply for jobs there and then work there. Had they a better alternative, then they would take it. Criticizing Walmart for this is simply crazy.

Reply to
John Navas

Baloney. Walmart is clearly attractive to the many that apply for jobs there and then work there. Had they a better alternative, then they would take it. Criticizing Walmart for this is simply crazy, not to mention elitist and arrogant.

Reply to
John Navas

Works for me. But I'm willing to bet the bashers will carry on.

Reply to
John Navas

Standars JN passive-aggressive crap, more of.

Reply to
kashe

Standars (whatever that is:) Ken nastiness, more of.

Reply to
John Navas

Good rebuttal. YES! I take that as an informed and factually accurate reply.

Reply to
DecaturTxCowboy

Thanks for sharing.

Reply to
John Navas

Hey! Is that ad hominem?

Tell us all, John.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Or we could keep it on topic :)

Reply to
DecaturTxCowboy

The lowest of the low, a typo nazi. How pathetic that he has to slink in the gutter like this.

Reply to
kashe

Who at the same time are losing their jobs due to Walmart's excess leverage in the market forcing US manufacturing to go overseas. Save money, lose your source of income, and all to save a few pennies.

Ah a globalist who actually beleives jobs at walmart are better then jobs making things tight here ion the good ol' USA. That's fine John, go ahead and support cutting your neighbors throats. Truth is Ross Perot was right. We are exporting our wealth and importing their poverty. And to prove my point, look up the US trade deficit for any month/quarter/year since 1980.

fundamentalism, fundamentally wrong.

Reply to
Rico

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.