Modem Tests

Two possible ways:

1. If your WRT54G supports a static route on the WAN side of the router, setup a static route to 192.168.100.1 and it should work.
  2. Add a hub (or switch) between your modem and router WAN port. Add an extra CAT5 cable between the hub and one WRT54G LAN port. Configure your XP or W2K box for a 2nd IP address on the ethernet. I scribbled something on the topic a while back:
    formatting link
    of 10.0.0.xxx in my example, use 192.168.100.xxx instead.
Reply to
Jeff Liebermann
Loading thread data ...

A bit more. I just noticed that in the original thread:

formatting link
person (Cyants) said that they were able to connected directly to a Motorola Bitsurfer at 192.168.100.1 through a BEFSR41 router. Well, I couldn't do it when I tried, but you might wanna ask them how they did it. (i.e. did they clone the ethernet MAC address, etc?)

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

What changes are needed to let my PC see the cable modem through my router for diagonstics?

192.168.100.1 results in "Not Found". Direct connection from PC to the modem works. Running a Toshiba PCX2200 modem and a WRT54G with WIN2K on 3 PC's.

Thanks.......

Reply to
M2

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.