Look at This. Would This Work? 1 Mile Home Wireless

formatting link

>
Reply to
OneTooth
Loading thread data ...

According to this review, the ParkerVision WR1500 is better than standard 802.11b, not as good as MIMO. The reviewer got 400 feet out of it at 5.5 Mbps and then ran out of room to test at a greater distance. As I read it, the ParkerVision router will only work with the ParkerVision clients. But a router and 4 clients for 80 bucks sounds like a pretty good deal. I'd be worried about buying something proprietary and then trying to get replacements in a year or two.

Reply to
bjs555

I forgot to include a link to the review. Here it is:

formatting link

Reply to
bjs555
[POSTED TO alt.internet.wireless - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

And the whole kit of miracle devices is priced, not at $300, not at $200, not even at $100 -- just $80. The first 100 callers get free stick-on antenna boosters, and if you pay by credit card, you also get both the salad shooter and set of Ginzo knives.

Reply to
John Navas

I agree with the above statements, but don't knock the Ginsu knives. I have a set and they are excellent and going strong after 12 years, no rust, chips, breaks or dullness.

**I believe you meant Ginsu instead of Ginzo.

moncho

Reply to
moncho

It's not priority. Any card works with the router. To get the extended range you must use their hardware with the D2D software package. I have the package. My dlink cards work with it as well as my orinico cards. Distance...I have success at 300+ feet up to my shop behind the house. If I were to put the router on top of my 80' ham radio tower, I could see 1 mile being possible...line of site. Otherwise, its a good system at a great entry level price. I still like my Linksys WRT54G with the hacked firmware better though. More programming and control options.

formatting link

>
Reply to
WRC

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.