Linking two buildings 12km apart with Motorola Canopy

I recently attended a wireless seminar put on by Motorola showcasing their new Canopy hardware. I have a client requiring a directly link between two buildings in the city. One building is 19 stories and the other is 22 stories. They are 12 km apart and the line of sight from the roof are perfect. I am wondering if anyone has had experience installing this product. It would be my first time doing such an installation and i'm curious if anyone has had success.

Reply to
Derek P
Loading thread data ...

I thought someone may answer that has direct experience with the equipment and distances you mention. I've not, but from what I know you should have no trouble with this (famous last words). The Canopy equipment is good stuff and 12Km is not far at all in wireless terms when dealing with this sort of equipment and those conditions. There's plenty other mfg's too.

Reply to
Rôgêr

Reply to
Rôgêr

You should be able to make this work with a pair of Linksys Access Points and Directional Antennas at both ends (I recently attended a wireless seminar put on by Motorola showcasing their

Reply to
Mike Schumann

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.