is it free open the wi fi in european airports?

Hello,

I plan to travel often in European Airports like ( Madrid, Rome ) etc

I noticed there are wi fi areas.

With my laptop can I connect ti these wi fi areas? is it free? I need access ?

how do I get access ?

Thanks,

Mario

Reply to
marmagi
Loading thread data ...

Probably not free.

Connect to the network Browse in your browser and if it's not free, you'll be presented with a sign up page where you spend money.

David.

Reply to
David Taylor

Funny one, not on the subject here, but sort of related. I'm in the airport in Manchester, NH stuck waiting for a delayed flight. I fire up the Laptop and am confronted with the pay to play on the airport wireless. Well, it isn't worth it to me that day so I sort say OK and don't bother, other things to do on the computer. While staring into space I see the famous orange female RJ connector on a pole (holding up the roof- between gate seating areas). Being a little reckless (foolish many could fairly say) I yank a wire out of my back pack and look to see if the post is hot. Bingo free Internet access and best of all a power outlet as well a few inches away so got to save battery for the flight. So much for homeland security, I didn't try to snoop the network there, trying to be a good boy, but sure did seem open if I could get an IP from whatever DHCP server was going and get to the Internet. This has been several weeks and no visit from the FBI so I assume no one actually cared. But I still wonder if someone of a less then 'honest' bent had jacked into the same port?

fundamentalism, fundamentally wrong.

Reply to
Rico

Wow. In the two airports I frequent most, Toronto & Halifax NS, I can rarely even find a power outlet!

Reply to
Derek Broughton

Maybe they use wireless power?

Reply to
David Taylor

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.