IE options - "never dial a connection" doesnt stick - returns to "Dial whenever a network connection is not present"

I am running Windows XP. Lately, I keep getting a dial-up connection popup window, even though I connect through the internet mostly through my wireless card. I go into Internet explorer and select the option to "Never Dial a Connection". A few minutes later, the settings go back to the selected option of "Dial whenever a network connection is not present" I did a thorough scan using Adaware and Yahoo anti-spy, used the program Hijack-This to search for unusual items, yet didn't find anything. Does anyone have some insight to what the cause may be? Thanks

Reply to
techman41973
Loading thread data ...

Are you also running Ad-Watch?

What other anti-malware apps might you be running which may be disallowing the change (e.g., Spybot, SpywareBlaster, Spysweeper, Zone Alarm Pro)?

Reply to
PA Bear

Go to internet connections and disable dial up

Reply to
Bigbri

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.