HELP...having to recycle my BEFW11S4 too frequently

All of a sudden I am having to recycle my router several times a day. Task bar indicates a network connection but I can't connect to internet/mail or news until I pull the plug and re-energize.

Any clues would be greatly appreciated.

Running Win XP Home/P-4/Comcast Cable

TIA

Support Our Troops!

Reply to
Brian S. Jones
Loading thread data ...

This may silly but I have had to reboot my modem and my router at the same time when issues like that happen and it seems to clear things up for me. I too us Comcast.

Reply to
Robert

Brian S. Jones wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

How is the device being protected? Do you have an UPS/AVR unit in place and it's plugged into it. The devices like good clean and constant power and they don't like spikes on the line due to household appliances switching on and off all the time. They will go defective if that is happening. I am not talking about a surge protector laying on the floor plugged into a wall outlet.

Duane :)

Reply to
Duane Arnold

Reply to
one of goD's primates

I have the same router and I'm also with Comcast. The problem seems to have started on 23-Feb-05. I experienced one additional problem, When I tried to connect to the router to check on it, I got a "connection refused" messages! Resetting seems to have cleared it for now. But, why did it happen in the first place?

Robert wrote:

Reply to
one of goD's primates

http://192.168.100.1 is the user interface to some cable modems. From here, you can sometimes find a "logs" page. Look for modem reboots, or T3 and T4 timeouts. These would indicate a problem with the line coming in to the modem. Call Comcast customer service. After a little detour because they can't understand why you are calling in if you can get a connection at this moment, you can usually get them to look at their records of how often your modem is rebooting.

http://192.168.100.1/logdata.html is the log page on an RCA Modem, that doesn't show anything worthwhile on the main page.

Reply to
dold

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.