Help! Different wifi providers question - UK

I want wifi access when I'm away from home. I have a wifi enabled laptop and I know how to access wifi hotspots. What I need help on is on all the different wifi providers, like BT Openzone, the Cloud, T Mobile etc. They each describe the others as "partners". Does that mean that if I have a monthly subscription to one then I can access a different one's hotspot without paying extra?

A lady at BT Openzone suggested that if I join BT Openzone, then I can access any other provider, too. However, she seemed really pushy and unwilling to give details. I notice that T Mobile's web page

formatting link
that the unlimited T Mobile wifi tariff gives only 300 number of minutes connection to BT Openzone hotspots.

I don't want to pay monthly fees to company X then additionally have to pay company Y in order to use its hotspot.

Please help!

Reply to
Simon
Loading thread data ...

On 29 Apr 2007 05:42:14 -0700, Simon wrote in :

The only reliable source of such information is the hotspot provider. Keep calling until you get someone with a clue.

Reply to
John Navas

The three major hotspot operator's allow you to connect to each other's hotspots, I have done that and it works very well. Remember this is in the UK. If you are out of the UK, you must have a monthly subscription, the vouchers your can buy for an hour, 24 hours or a month are for UK use only.

There are a number of smaller suppliers for instance, one that does boating marinas that do not let you roam with the above three majors.

If you are not a heavy user, the best deal is to search on ebay for openzone and get your BTOpenzone vouchers there for a fraction of the price that BTOpenzone or their partners charge.

Current Hotspots in the UK as this weeks BTOpenzone listing BTOpenzone 2,322 Orange 86 TheCloud 6,968 Tmobile 1,140 kezone 15

Reply to
That Bloke

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.