Hazards of wireless devices

Could be anywhere. Mine is somewhere to the right of the keyboard, on the other side of the keybord from the ethernet port.

Reply to
Jerry Park
Loading thread data ...

Considering that (1) WiFi radiated power levels are much lower than cellphones, and that (2) WiFi antennas are much farther away from sensitive tissue than cellphones, it seems clear that WiFi is way less dangerous than cellphones.

So, do you see piles of corpses clutching cellphones to their heads?

That specious Chicago lawsuit only demonstrates that one result of modern technology is to convert ambulance chasers to antenna chasers.

Reply to
Bob Willard

formatting link
para 8

Reply to
NBT

Wellll... there is the possibility that cell phones don't kill people, but merely make them significantly stupid.

Look around and see if there isn't just a pile of brain damaged people clutching cell phones... :-)

Reply to
Floyd L. Davidson

Wireless causes anxiety, poverty, confusion, elevated blood pressure, and sleeplessness. Before I got started in wireless, I had a steady hand, full head of hair, decent bank balance, and positive attitude. After years of exposure to wireless, the hands are shaking, the hair is falling out, the bank account depleted, and I've developed a truely cynical attitude. Obviously, this could only be caused by wireless exposure.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

I find women can have a similar effect.

Reply to
NBT

So far everything I've read about wireless networking suggests that it's relatively safe, in terms of radiation exposure. What is the general consensus among users?

Reply to
skip

Excellent article, thank you. So my only question now is, where in my laptop is the wireless antenna likely to be? I assume it's near the ethernet adapter (?)

Reply to
skip

Completely safe, as long as you don't use it to offend anyone.

Barry

Reply to
Barry OGrady

That depends on the laptop. With built in should be in the lid.

Barry

Reply to
Barry OGrady

Not so in my experience, the giveaway is much more damage to the bank account :-)

Reply to
Scrote

Mine's in the base of my laptop, underneath on the right hand side - gives a real good signal, not, so I use a pcmcia card instead.

Reply to
TGGA

Anywhere at all. My Dell Latitude D600 has one in two corners of the base, upper left and lower right IIRC. Sometimes they are in the lid, but the D600 has very good RF coverage, so placement is probably less important than design (or Dell got lucky).

Reply to
William P. N. Smith

formatting link
The NRPB already acknowledges that there is international consensus on the fact that the incidence of childhood leukaemia is doubled at a magnetic field of 0.4 microtesla, which is exceeded under most powerlines. In March

2004, the NRPB reduced the national magnetic field exposure guidelines from 1,600 microtesla to 100 microtesla...
Reply to
Cymbal Man Freq.

On Mon, 09 May 2005 23:39:54 GMT, "Cymbal Man Freq."

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

In my dreams.

Reply to
Neill Massello

It's always fun to play with the statistic. (Yeah, I'm weird).

formatting link
"The incidence of brain cancer has increased 25% since 1973, according to the National Cancer Institute. Each year, 185,000 Americans will be diagnosed with a primary or metastatic brain tumor, according to the National Brain Tumor Foundation."

Obviously, this correlates with the increase in cell phone use. Seems obvious? Cause and effect?

Methinks not. In the 1980's, Positron Emission Tomography (PET-CT) and other cancer diagnostic techniques have greatly improved the detection and location of cancer. Also note that the study included metastatic brain tumors, which are caused by cancers elsewhere in the body that has spread to the brain. The combination of better detection methods and inclusion of an indirect cause, would more than explain the 25% rise in brain cancer incidence.

Incidentally... one of my better product ideas was a mobile cell phone detector. It would look and work much like a radar speed trap detector. Place it on the dash of your vehicle and it will detect anyone using a cell phone withing a few hundred feet. That should give a clue that there is at least one distracted driver that is not paying attention, and should give sufficient time to get out of their way before they precipitate a traffic accident.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

i'm not risking my brain to take a 99.9% of the time, trivial phone call. ((:

--redpill

Reply to
RedpIll

"What a waste it is to lose one's mind. Or not to have a mind is being very wasteful. How true that is."

- Vice President Dan Quayle

Reply to
Rôgêr

Dan had 50 mobile phones that he would use at once. Maybe explains a lot of things...

Reply to
TGGA

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.