Good networking guide?? Advice on Setup??

Can anyone recommend a reference site for home networking? I'm not an advanced user, but not a computer dummy either. I've got 2 PC's, two Xboxes, and a connected DVD. The 2 PC's connect to the internet via a wireless router. Each PC is sharing it's internet connection with an XBox via ethernet. I also have a DVD player that connects to one of the PC's wirelessly. I've come across 2 situations.

1. I've had trouble connecting the DVD client wirelessly to the server PC through the router. I'm only able to connect on a peer to peer, directly to the server PC. Since this PC also uses it's wireless connection to access the internet; I have to go to my network props, and switch connections every time I want to use the DVD. Is it possible for the server PC to be connected to the internet and the DVD at the same time?

1. Both Xboxes connect to Live and play fine at the same time. My roommate and I can send and receive messages to each other, but can not join in the same game together. Is this something that might be fixed by changing the NAT settings?

Thanks, Robin

Reply to
Robin
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.