Getting VPN to work through Airport Extreme

I am a PC in a Mac family. Our home network features an Airport Extreme Base Station which works quite well. Recently, I installed a Cisco VPN client on my laptop to access my work server and e-mail. The client works properly; I can get access via the VPN client from most any public hot spot. At home is the problem - the client properly creates the tunnel and secures it, but when I try to access the server, I get no response; it sticks on "waiting for" and eventually times out.

It seems clear there is something amiss with the AEBS, but I cannot figure out what would cause this problem. Any suggestions on how to fix this would be gratefully welcomed.

Reply to
tgwatkins
Loading thread data ...

snipped-for-privacy@rcn.com hath wroth:

There are several workarounds mentioned that sorta work, but no solutions as this appears to be a firmware bug with the VPN passthrough.

I have not checked if there have been any subsequent firmware updates for the Airport Extreme Base.

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.