Desperate Help Needed!! WIRELESS SHARING

Me and my roommate shares wireless internet together...however, the wireless modem is closer to his room than mine, and he is ALWAYS download things on Bitorrent...and i told him to stop downloading but he won't stop...i always get kicked off from MSN Messenger and sometimes was unable to use the internet cuz he's taking all the bandwidth...is there someway to disconnect him from using too much bandwidth? or make mine faster as a revenge? we have set our password so no one is able to use it besides us...PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sharing wireless w/ him is a pain...

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOUR KINDNESS IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!!!

Reply to
s.boonthong
Loading thread data ...

Use a router that support Quality of Service and set the priority for Bittorrent to a suitable setting?

Reply to
David Taylor

I hate to ask this, but what school are you and your roommate attending? Also what year are you?

fundamentalism, fundamentally wrong.

Reply to
Rico

Wouldn't blocking ports 6881 thru 6999 be the most effective way to deal with the issue?

Reply to
Rico

Bittorrent ports can be changed easily.

Reply to
John Navas

How is that relevant to alt.internet.wireless?

Reply to
John Navas

Yrue, but I get the feeling neither of them here would think of that until you mentioned it

Reply to
Rico

Not, but one post directed at a particular person... I was just interest, grammer was shall we say poor and I was interested if this was typical of today's college student. This was not meant as an attack on this individual, just ideal curiosity that seemd harmless, until it appears it got your dander up.

Reply to
Rico

Precisely!

That information would have only been of value if the question had also contained the extra "and is your room mate female and hot?!"

David.

Reply to
David Taylor

omaewashinebaii had written this in response to

formatting link
:

Rico wrote:

-------------------------------------

How is your remark relevant to the post???

Rico, before you bash other people about how poor their "grammEr" is, how about you try to spell "grammAr" correctly? Your grammar and spelling is POOR as well. You should be ashamed of yourself. "I was just interest" huh??? You're such a hypocrite :)

Reply to
omaewashinebaii

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.