Converting to public Wi-Fi service

Our restaurant has DSL and a wireless router that we use internally. We'd like to add a public hotspot service to it. What would this require besides gateway software with credit card billing? Can anyone recommend the software we would need?

Thanks, George

Reply to
George
Loading thread data ...

Just a simple suggestion, given the relatively brief periods of time people will spend in your resturant (an hour or two typically) consider as a good will gesture making this free. Give the customer the passphrase to the router when they order something (to stop freeloaders). The customer will have a much 'fuzzier' feeling about you this way then trying to gig him another few bucks to check email while he waits on his sandwich or steak.

To your specific question take a look at this:

formatting link
see if this fits your needs, note I've nothing to do with this vendor.

fundamentalism, fundamentally wrong.

Reply to
Rico

Thanks. We do plan to offer free access to paying customers. Please see my posting below.

Rico wrote:

Reply to
George

Hi George,

You can use ZyXEL G-5100 HotSpot, which includes the following:

1. 802.11g wireless Access Point.
  2. ADSL Router.
  3. 4 port Ethernet switch.
  4. Small Thermal printer.
  5. Zero Configuration System ( Amazing, It can allow any kind of guestes IP addresses to get into the Internet without the need to modify any thing at the guest's NB or PC)
  6. Internal Billing System ( AAA service ) which can be programed to accepts credit cards as well as selling pre-paid internet time.

It will cost you around $1000 or less with setup, but please don't ask me to provide this solutions to you, becuase I am thousands of miles a way from you!!.

For more details about G-5100 hotspot please do visit :

formatting link
then check ZyXEL wireless products.

Good Luck!

Naim

Reply to
Panda

Hi George,

Sorry the HotSpot Model is G-4100 not G-5100.......

Naim

formatting link

Reply to
Panda

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.