Connect Flat panel Antenna with a Parabolic Antenna

Hello!

I had a query, i had to set up a link, for which, i will be using a Flat panel Antenna, with a Parabolic antenna.

My query now is, i have a clear line of sight, will the two modems, be able to communicate with each other ?

I am told, that since, both antennas have different waveguides, they may not be able to communicate with each other. I am now a bit confused.

I cannot use parabolic antennas on both sides, because of some specific reasons.

Thanks

Reply to
gfts
Loading thread data ...

Wanna offer some clues as to why you cannot use parabolic antennas? A

24dBi wire grid dish antenna is MUCH cheaper than a panel antenna with the same gain. As for not being able to communicate, there's nothing inherent in the design of the antenna that will prevent one type of antenna from communicating with a different type. Sounds like a pile of technobabble in order to sell you an overpriced panel antenna.
Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

ahh phooey I've had every kind of antenna imaginable talking to everything and been as happy as can be,,, but it really is usually the least noise signal with matching antenna styles. My experience anyhow.

Reply to
bumtracks

Care to mention HOW FAR APART these two are?

parabolic to panel isn't a problem, distance might be.

David.

Reply to
David Taylor

In message , David Taylor writes

Also the polarisation is critical, vertical, horizontal, left-hand circular, right-hand circular.

Although Vertical will talk to circular (LHC or RHC) with a 3db loss on quoted gain.

Reply to
DJ

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.