Buffalo WHR-HP-G54 vs. Microsoft MN-730

Hi, After flashing with dd-wrt, v23SP2 firmware, set up another wireless network which has PC laptop, Powerbook and desk top. All works without problem but this MN-730 adapter in a desk top. It sees the router but won't connect no matter what. (used to work well with Linksys WRT54GX2 before). Is there any known compatibility issue with this particular card? TIA, Tony

Reply to
Tony Hwang
Loading thread data ...

On Thu, 23 Nov 2006 16:37:11 GMT, Tony Hwang wrote in :

Turn off _all_ security to start troubleshooting. Turn security back on once you get it working.

Reply to
John Navas

Hi, It's puzzling. If I set the router wireless mode to -11g only this particular card won't work. If I set it to mixed(-11b and -11g), then it works. Wonder why? Tony

Reply to
Tony Hwang

On Fri, 24 Nov 2006 06:38:04 GMT, Tony Hwang wrote in :

Is the card b-only, or configured for b-only?

Reply to
John Navas

Hi, This is one of the early -11g card based on Broadcom chip. It is configured to run on -11g on device manager setting. Tempted to try another card such as Linksys or Buffalo.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Hi, Further fiddling at the card side, if I set the TX preamble from Long to auto, all is well as it should. Tony

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.