Bridge to Linksys WRT54G?

I spent a few minutes trying to connect my hawking wireless bridge to my linksys wrt54g wireless router, and after looking into it, I'm just wondering if that is possible in the first place. I have the linksys pluged directly into an outdoor high gain antenna which connects to another on the destination end, at the destination the goal is to plug it into a wireless bridge, which is connected to a wireless access point via ethernet to propogate the wireless signal at the destination.

The link over the antennas works fine if I plug it directly into my desktop's wireless card so the signal gets that far at least, so my only question is, is it even possible for me to configure my bridge on this end to connect to the router? Or must I truely have a bridge connected to another bridge? If so, can I just configure the wrt54g to act as a bridge? (I only need it to connect to the wireless antenna, I do not need a wireless access point at the location of the router.)

Reply to
timlegg
Loading thread data ...

After a few more minutes of playing with it, I discovered the bridge and AP do not support WPA2 which is what prevented the whole deal from connecting. I have a brand new, but less severe issue now. The machines on the other side of the wireless bridge/access point are not getting a dhcp response or something prevents them from being configured automaticlly. If I plug any of these machines into the network right before the wireless bridge/access point then they do, so it has to be something with the bridge or access point.

Both the bridge and the access point are Hawking HWBA54Gs. Neither the bridge nor the AP should be dropping broadcast (DHCP) packets should they?

Reply to
timlegg

On 2 Feb 2007 12:30:05 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in :

Diagram please.

Reply to
John Navas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.