Black Mountain and Mount Allison (SF Bay Area) wifi

I found a site survey mode in my BB 8320 that works somewhat similar to netstumber. I sniffed this site from Mission Peak, about 20 miles away. ======= SSID: Black Mountain Link 2 Mac Address: 00:02:2D:64:B4:79 Encryption: WEP Channel: 1 Signal Strength:-87 dbm Band: 802.11b/g ================

Mount Allison site was about 8 miles away.

---------------------------- SSID: Allison North SJ Link 2 Mac Address: 00:02:2D:29:E9:87 Encryption: WEP Channel: 1 Signal Strength:-89 dbm Band: 802.11b/g

--------------------------------------

I assume these are point to point systems with very directional antennas, and not necessarily related.

The BB 8320 also has a tone beeper mode that changes the repetition rate of the tone relative to the signal strength, to aid in finding the transmitter.

Reply to
miso
Loading thread data ...

00-02-2D used to be Agere Systems(Netherlands) but Proxim bought out the wireless LAN business several years ago.

Mount Allison does seem to have a nice collection of Antennas:-

formatting link

Reply to
LR

Antennas:-

formatting link

Thanks for the video link. I met the late Loren McQueen (Mack) a few times.

Reply to
miso

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.